A1 done off to A2

 26-Mar - A2

Getting ready for the A2 exam next week.

A1 was intimidating and pushed me to put a lot of extra effort.. fortunately I didn't have my job obligation while preparing for the exam as I was off after surgery so used my time for studying...

Did end up using a lot of extra help from a private teacher (costing me 400 euros or so) but she covered both A1.1 and A1.2. I used a Duolingo subscription and also lots of model tests (Free) from Goethe..

End results - passed with 95% and a sehr gut remark!

Started with A2.1 in Feb and A2.2 in March... quite a lot of new topics and lots of grammar but exciting too.. learning lots of new things and the reasons why Deutsch language is constructed a certain way.. it will be a difficult but exciting journey...

I am already using every opportunity these days to speak German, be it in my class, in the market, with the doctor's appointment and what not.. but trust me it's not easy... my younger daughter helps me with the practice (7-year-old) and the older one when she is in the right mood helps me with correct pronunciation (10-year-old).

So far only using one thing - the materials and books from my Deutsch intensive course.

The exam this time is a self-test (amidst Corona) and conducted by my teacher so not the usual Goethe but the format is the same.. 

1 more week to go and lots to prepare.. some night outs ahead of me.. :)

All of this reminds me of my college time during Engineering... I have done it before and can do it now.. only thing is I also have a family to manage.. a good thing no job duties due to the sabbatical but a bit of work and stress from my startup but lucky to have my wife manage it in the meantime..

Let's see how it goes next week.... lot of Grammer to practice and new words to cram...

B1 classes will start soon after a week of holiday due to Easter.... and I have already signed up for the B1 Goethe exam on 17th July.... 3.5 months but a lot to prepare :)

I think overall the journey from A1 to B2 is going to be a one-year-long full-time journey... double of what I initially thought and expensive too.. !

See you later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start of the German language Journey